Gaajar (carrot) - 1 Kg
Milk (full cream) - 4 cups
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Almond - 10
Chhoti Ilaichi - 4
Kismis (rasin) - 20
Kalakand - 4 OR Paneer - 100 gm [grated and fried in 1 tsp ghee]
Pure Ghee - 2 tsp (optional)
Method of Preparation
1. Scrape, wash and grate gaajar. Boil milk in a heavy bottom kedahi
2. Add grated gaajar and cook till milk dries up.
3. Mix sugar. Remove from fire.
4. Soak almonds in water for 1 hr, remove skin and cut into flakes.
5. Dry grind seeds of chhoti ilaichi to make powder. Break kalakand into granules.
6. Add almond flakes, ilaichi powder, kismis and kalakand granules in the halwa.
7. Mix and store in a refrigerator.
8. When required, take out some halwa, fry a little in ghee and serve.
Notes & Tips
1. Gaajar Ka Halwa is very tasty and nutritious.
2. It can easily be stored for 15-20 days.
3. Servings for 6 persons.