Kathal (jackfruit) - 500 gm
Aaloo - 3 (medium size)
Chhot ilaichi - 1
Badi ilaichi -1
Daalchini (cinnamon) - 1"
Tejpatta - 2
Dhaniya Powder - 1 tbsp
Jeera Powder 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Haldi Powder - 1 tsp
Dhaniya Patta - 1 tbsp (chopped)
Onion - 250 gm (chopped)
Tomato - 100 gm (chopped)
Garlic Paste - 1tsp
Ginger Paste - 1 tsp
Cooking Oil - 250 ml
Pure Desi Ghee - 1 tbsp
Salt to Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Remove skin and cut kathal into 1 to 2" pieces.
2. Wash aaloo and boil with Kathal in 500 ml water.
3. Remove from water. Cut aaloo into small pieces.
4. Heat oil in a Kedahi
. Deep fry Kathal pieces and keep aside.
5. Add chhoti ilaichi, badi ilaichi, daalchini and tejpatta in the remaining oil in the Kedahi
6. Add onion and fry till pink.
7. Add jeera powder, ginger-garlic paste and tomato. Fry well.
8. Add kathal and aaloo, garam masala powder, 2 cups of water, haldi and salt.
9. Boil and cook covered for 15 minutes.
10. Top with ghee and dhaniya patta.
Notes & Tips
1. While cutting kathal, rub some mustard oil on your hand and knife to prevent sticking.