Brinjal (Baigan) - 1 large (cubed)
Potato (Aaloo) - 1 medium (peeled and cubed)
Tomato - 1 medium (cut in 8 pieces)
Garlic (minced) - 2 tsp
Mustard oil - 1 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Dry Red chilies - 1-2 (broken in 2 pieces)
Salt - as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/3 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add chilies and fenugreek seeds.
2. Add minced garlic immediately and fry on low heat till you get the aroma.
3. Add the vegetables, add salt and turmeric powder, and mix well.
4. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat and add water.
5. Cook on medium low heat till done.
6. Open the lid and cook on high heat till excess water is absorbed.
7. Stir well and serve hot with roti or paratha.
Notes & Tips
1. This is a simple breakfast sabji without much spices. If you want to make it spicy, you may like to add some ground mustard and red chillies.