Potato (Aaloo) - 2-3 medium
Mustard Oil - 1.5 tbsp
Carom Seeds (Ajwain) - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) - 1 Pinch
Green Chili - 3-4 or as desired minced
Ginger - 1 inch piece minced
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp or as per taste
Water - 2 cups for gravy and as required for boiling potatoes
Method of Preparation
1. Take Potatoes in a Pressure cooker, add water and cook them till done.
2. Cool, Peel and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add Ajwain and Hing.
4. Add potatoes while lightly crushing them with hands. Add turmeric powder, Green chili and ginger, and saute.
5. Saute well till the potatoes are well crushed and lightly browned.
6. Add water for gravy, salt and mix well.
7. Let cook covered for 7-8 minutes, on low flame, till all the flavours combine well and you get the desired consistency of the gravy.
8. Serve hot with Poori or paratha.
Notes & Tips
1. This is a breakfast Sabzi, which is light and fit to consume in the morning.
2. You may mash the potatoes completely to get a more kadhi like consistency. We however, like some potato pieces coming in our mouth while eating.