Raw Mango (Kachcha Aam) - 1 medium
Mustard oil - 2 tsp
Panch phoran - 1 tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 2 nos or as desired
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 1 cup or as desired
Water - 1/2 cup
Roasted Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Wash, peel and cut raw mango into 1and 1/2" long sticks, of about 5 mm thickness.
2. Heat oil in kadai, crackle panch phoran in it. Break the chillies and add.
3. Add the mango pieces and salt, and saute till mango pieces become tanslucent.
4. Add the sugar and water. Boil for 1 minute and then simmer for 4-5 minutes. The chutney will thicken slightly.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle roasted cumin powder.
6. Mix and let the chutney cool to room temperature.
7. Serve at Lunch or Dinner as a side dish, along with the main food. Can also be used as a dip for snacks.
Notes & Tips