Olive oil – 1 tsp
Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
Garlic – 2 cloves (peeled and chopped)
Celery stalk – 1 (chopped)
Salt – as per taste
Sugar – ½ tsp
Pepper powder – as per taste
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
For the balls:
Boneless chicken breast – 1 (about 150 gm)
Salt – ¼ tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Dried Parsley – ½ tsp
Ginger powder – ½ tsp
For the stock:
Water – 5 cup
Boneless chicken pieces – as desired (about 50 gm)
Carrot – 1 medium (chopped)
French beans – 4-5 (chopped)
Bay leaf – 1
Ginger paste– 1 tsp
Whole cumin – 1 tsp
Whole coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Add all the ingredients of the chicken stock and cook in a pressure cooker till chicken is done. Drain and keep the stock aside. You can use the chicken pieces and vegetables for any other dish like a salad.
2. For making chicken balls, wash the chicken breast thoroughly and pat dry. Cut small pieces and make a fine mince in a food processor or mixie.
3. Add the other ingredients of the balls and mix well. Grease your palms with little oil and make small balls (about 1-1 ½ cm dia.) out of the mixture. Keep aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a deep pan, add onion and garlic and saute till onion turns translucent.
5. Add celery and saute for another 30 sec.
6. Pour the chicken stock, mix and bring to boil.
7. Add the chicken balls and keep boiling for 2 minutes.
8. Lower heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
9. Add sugar, pepper powder and lemon juice and mix. Adjust salt and other seasonings.
10. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Notes & Tips