Boneless chicken breast – 300 gm
Salt - as per taste
Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
Ginger garlic paste (or powder; I prefer powder) – 1 tsp or as per taste
Nutmeg powder – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves or parsley (minced) – 1 tbsp
Fresh cream - 1/3 cup
To be ground together:
Green chilli – 2-3 or as per taste
Green papaya – 1 pc of 1cm X 2 inch with skin
Hung curd – 1 tbsp
Grated cheddar cheese – 1 tbsp
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Olive Oil – for basting while grilling
Method of Preparation
1. Clean, wash and pat dry chicken fillets. Cut in small pieces (1” X 2” size).
2. Grind the above mentioned ingredients, under heading "To be ground together", to a fine paste.
3. Mix together all the other ingredients and marinate chicken pieces in it for 1 – 1 ½ hrs.
4. Needle in the skewers through the pieces (in a fashion similar to running stitch). Discard the excess marinade.
5. Grill in a tandoor or in an oven, at the maximum possible temperature, till done. Baste with olive oil while grilling.
6. Serve hot with salad of your choice and green chutney.
Notes & Tips
1. I normally use coriander or parsley in the marinade but you can use any other herb of your choice. A combination of mint and coriander also goes well.