Chivda – 250 gm
Oil – 2 ½ tbsp
Ghee – 1 tsp (optional)
Whole green cardamom – 4-5 nos
Cloves – 7-8 nos
Cinnamon – 1” pc
Bayleaf – 2 nos
Green chilli – 3-4 (slit)
Cashewnuts – 8-10 (halved)
Raisins – 1 tbsp (soaked in water)
Mixed vegetables (peas and chopped/ julienned carrots, French beans, etc) – 1 cup
Salt – as per taste
Sugar – 1 tbsp or as per taste
Method of Preparation
1. Soak chivda in water till soft, drain through a sieve and keep aside
2. Cook the vegetables in microwave , on high for 3-4 minutes and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add cashewnuts and fry till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
4. Add cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon and bayleaf, in the oil and fry for 15 sec.
5. Add raisins and stir. Now add the cooked vegetables, green chillies and salt (for the veggies), and stir for a few minutes.
6. Add chivda, stir and adjust salt. Cover and keep stirring intermittently for 5-7 minutes on low heat.
7. Add sugar and stir. Keep covered for another minute. Add ghee, mix and remove from heat.
8. If desired, you can also sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves on top.
9. Keep covered for 5 minutes, mix once and serve.
Notes & Tips