Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups
Baking Powder - 1 and 1/2 tsps
Sugar - 1 and 1/2 cups
Butter - 150 gms
Eggs - 3
Walnut (अखरोट) - 1/2 cup (coarsely ground)
Cocoa Powder - 3 tsps
Method of Preparation
1. Mix maida and baking powder. Pass through sieve twice.
2. Grind sugar to a fine powder. Beat together with butter till fluffy.
3. Add eggs and beat further to make a smooth mixture.
4. Add maida mixture to it and mix well.
5. Transfer 2/3rd of this batter to a separate bowl, add walnut and mixwell.
6. Pour this into a greased and dusted mould.
7. Add cocoa powder to the remaining 1/3rd of the batter, mix well and pour on top of the previously poured batter, randomly.
8. Gently mix the two batters by moving a spoon in whirls, yielding a heterogenuos mixture.
9. Transfer the mould to a preheated oven and bake the cake at 180 degrees C for 35 mins.
10. Check with a toothpick to see if its done. The toothpick should come out clean.
11. Take the mould out. Place a large plate on top and flip the cake upside down. Gently tap the mould to release the cake.
12. Cool it to room temperature, cut and serve.
Notes & Tips
1. The walnut can also be used as small pieces of irregular size. This will make it more conspicuous in the cake.