Brinjal - 1 large
Tomato - 3 medium
Potato - 2 medium
Garlic - 5-6 cloves peeled
Red Chili - 2-3
Salt - 1 tsp or as desired
Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation
1. Apply Mustard oil on Brinjal and make 3 gashes. Roast on high flame.
2. Make gashes on Tomatoes and roast on High flame.
3. Wash and cut Potatoes in half and roast on mediun to low flame.
4. Wash roasted brinjal with cold water and peel. Keep aside.
5. Dip hands in cold water and peel the other roasted vegetables.
6. Mash them and mix together. Keep aside.
7. Roast Garlic and Red Chilies on medium flame and mash them.
8. Add to the mixed Chokha and mix.
9. Add Salt and Mustard oil. Mix thoroughly.
10. Chokha is ready to be served with "Litti" (see recipe)
Notes & Tips
1. Some people like to eat the three chokhas separately, with Litti. You may want to see the recipe of the other chokhas here
2. Amount of garlic and chilies is as per individual's choice. It can be varied accordingly.