Black pomfret fish - 1 Kg (de-skinned and de-boned fillets)
Salt - 1 tsp or as per taste
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
Kashmiri mirch powder - 1 tsp (optional)
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Green chilli - 2-3 (minced)
Coriander leaves - few sprigs (minced)
Egg white - 1 (beaten)
Bread crumbs - 1 cup (approximately, for coating the fish fingers)
Oil - as required (for frying)
Method of Preparation
1. Wash, pat dry and cut the fish fillets into finger-like pieces.
2. Rub in salt and lemon juice, and set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Add the spices and egg white, and coat well. Leave for 20 minutes.
4. Roll the fish fingers one by one, in the bread crumbs. Press the bread crumbs hard onto the pieces so that a thick layer is formed. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the fish fingers.
6. Serve with sour cream dip
or simply with mayonaise (added with some veggies, as desired).
Notes & Tips