Ganth gobi (Kohlrabi) – 500 gm (julienned or grated)
Mustard oil – 1 ½ tbsp
Panch phoran – 1 tsp
Dry red chilli – 2-3 (broken)
Salt – as per taste
Turmeric powder – 1/3 tsp
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a kadai, add panch phoran and let crackle.
2. Add red chillies and fry for 2-3 secs.
3. Add the ganth gobi juliennes and stir.
4. Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
5. Cook covered on low heat till done.
6. Serve hot with dal and plain rice.
Notes & Tips
1. If desired you can also sprinkle a little roasted cumin powder for added flavor.
2. Same recipe can be used for Turnip (Shalgam) also.