Whole wheat Flour/multigrain flour (Atta) - 2 cup
Powdered sugar - 2 cup
Ghee (melted) - 2 cup
Gond (small pieces) - 2 tbsp
Cashewnuts - 2 tbsp
Almonds - 2 tbsp
Makhana - 50 gm
Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Sonth (dried ginger) powder - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation
1. Dry roast cashewnuts, almonds and makhana, separately in microwave or in a pan.
2. Cool and crush them to small bits (half of the makhana will become powdery). Keep aside.
3. Heat 1/2 cup ghee in a large kadai. Fry gond in it, till all the pieces puff up.
4. Drain and cool puffed gond. Coarse grind in a mixer and keep aside.
5. Remove impurities from the leftover ghee and add the rest of the ghee.
6. Heat the ghee and fry atta in it till you get the aroma.
7. Ghee will separate from the atta when it is done frying.
8. Switch off heat and quickly add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
9. Make laddoos by taking handfuls at a time and pressing tightly.
Notes & Tips