Moorhi (puffed rice) – 3 cup
Bhujia sev or any other namkeen mixture – 1 cup
Potato – 1 medium (boiled, peeled and chopped)
Red chana (soaked in water, boiled with salt and turmeric powder and drained) – ½ cup
Roasted peanuts – 2 tbsp
Onion (chopped) - ½ cup
Cucumber (chopped) – ½ cup
Tomato (chopped) – ½ cup
Salt – as per taste
Roasted masala powder – 1 tsp
(made by roasting and grinding equal quantities of coriander and cumin seeds, with a dash of cloves, cinnamon and dried red chili)
Chat masala – 1 tsp
Chilli flakes – as desired
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Raw mustard oil (kachchi ghani) – 1 tbsp
Coconut (thinly sliced, small pieces) – ½ cup
Green chilli (chopped) – if desired
Method of Preparation
1. Mix all the ingredients, except moorhi, bhujia sev and mustard oil, in a large bowl.
2. Add bhujia sev (or mixture), moorhi and mustard oil.
3. Mix vigorously and serve immediately.
4. You can also sprinkle some finely chopped coriander on top, if desired.
Notes & Tips
1. This is a healthy evening snack very popular in Bengal, Bihar and Jharkhand.