Lauki (Bottle gourd) – 1 medium (peeled, washed and finely chopped)
Adauri (Urad daal vadi) – 10-12 nos
Mustard oil – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Green chilli – 2 nos (slit)
Salt - as per taste
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Roasted masala powder – 1 tsp (roast and grind together 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 green cardamom,
2 cloves, 1small pc cinnamon)
Ghee – 1 tsp (optional)
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in a kadai and fry adauris till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
2. Add cumin seeds in the oil and let crackle.
3. Add the green chilies and fry.
4. Add lauki, stir and add salt and turmeric powder.
5. Mix and cook covered on low heat till done, stirring intermittently.
6. Add the adauris midway. The adauris should also get cooked and broken while stirring.
7. Now increase the heat to maximum and let the excess moisture get absorbed.
8. Add the masala powder and ghee(if desired), mix and remove from heat.
9. Serve hot with rice as a side dish.
Notes & Tips