Ripe Tomato - 500 g
Panch Phoran - 1 tsp
Dried red chili - 2 no.
Ginger - 1" pc, julienned
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Bhuna Masala - 1/2 tsp or as desired
Mustard oil - 1 tbsp
Dates - 1/2 cup, deseeded and halved
Method of Preparation
1. Cut each tomato in 8 parts. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add Panch phoran and red chili.
3. Add ginger juliennes and add tomato pieces.
4. Add salt, mix and let cook till tomato becomes pulpy.
5. Add the dates and mix well.
6. Add sugar and cook, on low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Serve in a bowl and sprinkle Bhuna Masala
Notes & Tips
1. Sugar quantity can be adjusted as per individual's taste.
2. Bhuna masala can also be increased or reduced as per individual's liking.