Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Non Vegetarian Recipe
Chicken Pepper Fry
Chicken – 600 gm (cut into medium pieces)
Onion – 3 (sliced)
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Black pepper – 1 tsp (freshly crushed)
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Chilli sauce – 1 tsp (optional)
Refined oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Marinate chicken with salt, lime juice, ginger paste and garlic paste for minimum 30 mins.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom kadai and add onion and salt.
3. Fry onion for 2 mins. Add marinated chicken to it and mix.
4. Cover and cook over slow flame stirring occasionally till chicken is done and oil starts leaving the sides.
5. Increase the flame to medium and keep stirring the chicken occasionally till the pieces are slightly golden.
6. Add soya sauce, chilli sauce and black pepper and fry for another 3-4 mins.
7. Chicken pepper fry can be served as starter, or even in main course with roti, naan or rice.
Notes & Tips