Daliya (दलिया, broken wheat) – ½ cup
Potato – 1 (medium, cut to small cubes)
Onion – 1 (medium, finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 (medium, finely chopped)
Carrot – 1 (cut to small cubes)
Green peas – ½ cup
Curry leaves – 8-10
Green chillies – 1-2, as per taste
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Olive oil/refined oil – 1 tsp
Water – 1 ¼ cup
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Dry roast daliya in kadai till the colour of daliya changes from brown to white. Keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
3. Add curry leaves and green chilli.
4. Add onion and a little salt, fry till onion turns pink.
5. Add all the vegetables, turmeric powder and fry for 3-4 min.
6. Add tomatoes and fry till they are soft.
7. Add roasted daliya and mix well. Add salt and water and pressure cook on high heat till 1st whistle. Then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 min.
8. Allow the pressure to release on its own. Serve hot with curd or any chutney of choice.
Notes & Tips
1. You may also add any other vegetable of your choice or peanuts/cashewnuts to daliya.