Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Snacks - Sweets Recipe
Oat Khichadi (ओट खिचड़ी)
Rolled oats – 1 cup
Potato – 1 (cut in small pieces)
Mix veg (bean, carrot, green peas) – 1 cup (cut in small pieces)
Tomato – 1 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 7-8
Jeera – 1 tsp
Black pepper – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Kitchen king masala – 1 ½ tsp
Refined oil – 1 tsp
Water – 2 ½ cup
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker, add jeera and black pepper.
2. Add curry leaves once jeera starts to crackle.
3. Add potato and turmeric and fry for few mins.
4. Add rest of the vegetables, tomato and salt.
5. Cook on slow flame till tomato is done.
6. Add kitchen king masala, and stir for 1 min.
7. Add oats, mix it once and add water, put the lid.
8. Cook for 3-4 mins in pressure cooker.
9. Serve hot with butter (optional) and curd/raita.
Notes & Tips