Palak (पालक, spinach) – 200 gm
Paneer (पनीर, cottage cheese) – 150 gm
Onion – 1 (medium size, finely chopped)
Tomato – 1 (medium size, finely chopped)
Garlic paste – ½ tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Red chilli – 1-2 (optional)
Cream – 1 tbsp
Refined oil – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Clean palak thoroughly and blanch in 1 cup water for 3-4 min. Do not cover. Allow it to cool.
2. Squeeze out the water from blanched palak and grind to make coarse paste (to retain the fibre). Keep aside water for the gravy.
3. Heat oil in kadai, add red chilli and chopped onion. Add little salt and fry till light brown.
4. Add garlic, ginger paste and turmeric powder and fry for 3-4 min., till raw smell goes.
5. Add chopped tomato and fry till tomatoes are soft.
6. Add cream and fry till oil leave sides.
7. Add cubed paneer and mix well. Add palak paste, garam masala powder, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well.
8. Add the squeezed out water (step 2 above) and boil for 4-5 min.
9. Remove from heat. Serve hot with roti or rice.
Notes & Tips
1. You can also fry the paneer before adding.