Bihar and Jharkhand - Food and Recipe
Snacks and Sweets Recipe
Paneer – 100 gm
Aata - ½ cup
Besan – ½ cup
Curd – 2 tbsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Ajwain - ½ tsp
Baking Powder – 1/3 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Water to make batter
Oil for frying
Method of Preparation
1. Cut paneer into thin strips of desired length.
2. Mix all the ingredients except paneer to make a thick batter.
3. Heat oil for frying in kadahi, temperature should be medium-high.
4. Add 1 tsp of hot oil to the batter and mix well.
5. Dip the paneer pieces in the batter and put in the hot oil.
6. Reduce temperature to medium.
7. Deep fry till the pakodas are golden brown.
8. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
Notes & Tips