Sama Rice (सामा, Barnyard millet) - ½ cup
Curd – 4 cups
Cucumber – 1, small (peeled and grated)
Pomegranate seeds (ताजे अनार का दाना) – ½ cup
Sendha Namak (सेंधा नमक, Rock Salt, Halite) – as per taste
Roasted Jeera Powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Red chilli – 2 (cut into big pieces)
Curry leaves – 8 to10
Method of Preparation
1. Wash sama rice properly and pressure cook with 1 cup water for 2 whistles.
2. Whisk curd, add cucumber, pomegranate seeds and sendha namak.
3. Add cooked sama rice to the curd and mix properly.
4. For tempering, heat oil, add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle, add red chillies and curry leaves.
5. Add tempering to the curd rice. Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds.
Notes & Tips