Rice (Arwa Chawal) - 2 cup
Arhar Daal - 1 cup
Chana Daal - 1 cup
Moong Daal - 1 cup
Jeera - 1 tsp
Daalchini (cinnamon) - 1
Badi Ilaichi - 1
Chhoti Ilaichi - 1
Syah Jeera (black cumin) - 1/2 tsp
Hing (asafoetida) - 1 pinch
Haldi Powder - 2 tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 2 tsp
Pure Ghee - 250 gm
Tej Patta (bay leaf) - 2
Ginger - 1" (grated)
Green Peas - 100 gm
Gaajar (carrot) - 2
Onion - 2
Tomato - 1
Cauliflower - 100 gm
Dhaniya Patta - 1 tbsp (chopped)
Method of Preparation
1. Wash the three daals thoroughly. Also wash rice and keep aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker.
3. Add 1/2 tsp jeera, ginger, tejpatta, badi ilaichi and daalchini.
4. Fry a little, and add washed daals, haldi, salt and 3 glass water.
5. Cook for 3 cooker whistles. Remove pressure cooker from fire.
6. Wash and cut small pieces of gaajar, tomato, onion and cauliflower.
7. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a kedahi.
8. Add all cut vegetables and peas, and fry till pink.
9. Remove from kedahi and keep aside.
10. Now heat 2 tbsp ghee in the kedahi. Add syahjeera and chhoti ilaichi.
11. Fry a little, then add rice and fry.
12. Now remove the lid of pressure cooker. Mix fried vegetables and rice with daal.
13. Add 2 glass water and pressure cook for 10 mts. to make Khichadi.
14. Fry some onion in ghee. Garnish khichadi with fried onion and dhaniya patta
15. Serve with melted ghee, aaloo chokha, baigan-tamatar bharta, papad, dahi and achar.
Notes & Tips
1. Serving for 8 persons.
2. Learn how to make
Aaloo Ka Chokha
& Baigan Tamatar Ka Bharta